A virtual reality recreation of divination at the ancient oracle of Zeus at Dodona
The VRO project is a collaborative research project that aims to use VR to recreate an approximation of the historical experiences of individuals consulting the ancient oracle of Zeus and Dione at Dodona, NW Greece.
Partners: Friday Sundae Studios, King's College London, University of Bath & University of Bristol.
- Imagine That! Imaginative Suggestibility Affects Presence in Virtual Reality
- Crescent Jicol, Christopher Clarke, Emilia Tor, Hiu Lam Yip, Jinha Yoon, Chris Bevan, Hugh Bowden, Elisa Brann, Kirsten Cater, Richard Cole, Quinton Deeley, Esther Eidinow, Eamonn O'Neill, Christof Lutteroth, Michael J Proulx. 2023. CHI '23: Proceedings of the 2023 CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems. ACM. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1145/3544548.3581212.
- Virtual Reality Experience transports students to Ancient Greece
- King's College London. Jan. 25, 2023.
- The Virtual Reality Oracle Project investigates ancient divination and modern technology
- University of Bristol. July 6, 2020.